Navigate

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dearly Loved

I find much comfort in knowing how big God is.  Especially when I feel small compared to the stresses of life.  And especially lately.

If you haven't heard, there have been some pretty big changes in our lives lately.  One word: Dallas.  With the blessings and adventures come closure in Iowa and the stresses of moving.  It's so hard starting over--all the while being incredibly exciting.

Amidst hours of phone calls about utilities and inspections I found myself mesmerized by one verse in Ephesians: "Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children" (Verse 1).  You see, although I've been following Jesus for awhile, I all-too-often forget what He thinks of me.  I'm not only His child, but I'm dearly loved by Him.  Have you ever seen what it looks like in someone's eyes to dearly love someone?  That is the way He looks at me.  And that makes me okay with feeling small.  Because He is big.

Beautiful Ireland.  So big.

"Be still, and know that I am God"
 (Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment