Navigate

Friday, November 30, 2012

He must increase, but I must decrease

I used to think weakness was a bad thing.  I still do sometimes.  Luckily, the Lord showed me this verse:

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Everyone wants to avoid weakness.  Weakness is like a plague.  Weakness means I lose and someone else wins.  But the beauty in this verse shows that although I am weak, Christ is strong; He is the winner for me.  Weakness is a human condition, not a character flaw that can be avoided or covered up.

Right now I'm dazzled by the last few words of this verse: so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  I want that.  How do I get it?  By embracing His strength in my weakness.  Because I am weak.  Whether or not I embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment